In Canada, immigration policy is being relaxed much more than that of the US and UK in order to timely replenish skilled human resources for the majority of occupations that are in labor shortage and this tendency is likely to increase in the near future. Skilled Worker (SW – Skilled Worker Immigration) is no exception as this is really a collection of attractive programs with many policies that benefit the skilled or educated workforce who are fluent in English or French.

The Skilled Worker Program is the most popular program for foreigners with education, work experience, English or French skills and some other abilities can immigrate to Canada.

You meet the standard requirements set forth by the Federal Government of Canada to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The program will be completed when you have a certificate of permanent residence (Permanent Resident) with your family. Family includes wife (husband) and children under 19 years old.

This is the most effective program in terms of time and cost to be able to immigrate to Canada.

1. Federal Skilled Worker:

To immigrate to the Skilled Worker category, candidates apply to the Government of Canada. Applications will be graded and applicants will be ranked based on scores achieved. Depending on the situation each year, the Canadian government has more or less immigration policies, but candidates can pass the program or not, of course, they will choose according to the score from high to low.

  • Requirements are higher than the province.
  • Have the freedom to live in any province of Canada.
  • Having working experience in the field of group O, A, B in the list of occupations NOC immigration of Canada.
  • At least 1 year of paid work within the last 10 years.
  • Pass a language test or provide valid international language certificates (IELTS 6.0 (English) or TEF (French)).
  • The degree is awarded by the institution in Canada or at an equivalently recognized external institution.
  • Reaching the minimum score in 2 evaluation rounds, round 1 is 67/100 points, round 2 is the CRS score of each time.
  • Proof of finances, health and personal history.
  • Have a plan to live, arrange life in Canada, except Quebec (need to apply to the separate program of the province of Quebec).
  • Having experience working in a group of workers on the NOC list.
  • Plan to live in Canada, excluding Quebec.
  • Satisfied English/French language requirements with CLB/NCLC 4 for reading and writing skills, CLB/NCLC 5 for listening and speaking skills.
  • Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience in the last 5 years.
  • Certificates available upon request.
  • Meet health and background requirements.
  • Plan to live in Canada excluding the province of Quebec.

2. Skilled Worker Province:

  • Requirements are lower than Federal.
  • Must live in the province of immigration until naturalization.
  • Each province will have different requirements for its immigration program